It is important for students to be safe at school and to recognize that they are in a place of work for employees and learning for themselves and fellow students. We rely on the good sense of the students and their parents rather than a strict code and expect that parents and students use common sense in dressing for school. The guidelines include:
- Footwear is required of everyone on the premises.
- Clothes with obscene language, graphics, sexual connotations, promoting violence or racism or with drug and alcohol messages are not acceptable.
- Hats/hoodies/toques are not to be worn during assemblies.
- Cleanliness, neatness and interest in personal appearance are encouraged.
- Beachwear and revealing clothing are not appropriate. Tops should cover backs, shoulders, chests and stomachs. The bottoms of tops should cover the tops of pants. Skirt/shorts should be of modest length. Underwear should not be exposed.
Students who wear clothing that is not appropriate will be asked to put on appropriate clothing, and parents will be notified.
- In matters of concern regarding student dress, the paramount authority rests with the Principal.
Quick facts and common information about Frank J. Ney Elementary:
- School Principal: Annette Noble
- Vice Principal: N/A
- Secretary: Janet Buckland
- Student Number: 216